+4

Test

 https://dungeondefenders.com/2/user/154846

Onslaught has been out for just under a week, and it brought many changes to the game. As such, it’s time to update the old tier list. I just managed to reach floor 92, unlocking the second of the new Onslaught-exclusive flairs. Note that this evaluation is for floors 55-92, and certain defenses may be better or worse on earlier floors. A clear example is Lightning Strikes, which lacks the speed early onto be very useful, but becomes a top choice at Chaos 7 gear levels.

This isn’t going to be as in depth as the previous post just yet, since there is a lot to write about – which defenses are good versus what mutators and schedules, etc. It might be easier to write a basic Onslaught building guide instead.

I’m just going to do a quick breakdown of what I’ve been using often, occasionally, very rarely, and never at all.

Frequently Used:

  • Flame Aura: PT, Range, DCD
  • Lightning Strikes: PT, Rate, DCD
  • Skyguard: Mass, Destruction, Range
  • Earthshatter: PT, Earth Toss, DCD
  • Frost Tower: Range, Hyper Range, Slow
  • Ballista: PT, Splody, Power Bolts
  • Reflect Beam
  • Ramster: PT, VE, Range (DCD is more damage but VE is smoother damage on chain normals, since Rams are usually just for Goblins, VE also scales better with upgrades, sometimes you are forced to upgrade Rams 1-2 times).
  • Obelisk: VE, Empowering Blasphemy, Serpent God’s/Obelisk Shield

Occasionally Used:

  • Hornet’s Nest: Spellbreaker with Geode or Vanguard.
  • Poison Dart Tower: Controlled Burn
  • Explosive Trap: Spellbreaker with Geode or Vanguard and lots of enemies
  • Cannon: certain air lanes with Spellbreaker, some Controlled Burn, some Spellbreaker
  • Sand Viper: certain air lanes with Armored or Bullet Sponge
  • Oil Geyser: Controlled Burn

Very Rarely Used:

  • Proton Beams: Controlled Burn immune to stuns.
  • Slime: Controlled Burn with Geodes and Cyborks and no other trouble lanes I need to hold with Hero DPS.
  • Hailstorm: Controlled Burn Air lanes that can’t be hit easily by PDT.
  • Sand Trap: some Controlled Burn

Never Used:

  • Geyser
  • Flamethrower: other AoE options are usually better and/or safer
  • Boost Aura
  • Buff Beam
  • Blaze Balloon
  • Weapon Manufacturer: other AoE options are cheaper
  • Nimbus: Not reliable targeting
  • Skeletal Archer: Probably good in some cases, but hard to bring out its potential
  • Volcano
  • Serpent’s Coil
  • Harpy
  • Fissure: I prefer Flame Aura’s higher attack rate.

 

84DwO4g.png

OdrJYNd.png

ons
Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Serpent's Coil

Serpent's Coil:

Snaking Sands

Snaking Sands:

Sand Viper

Sand Viper:

Vipers Fangs

Vipers Fangs:

Obelisk

Obelisk:

  • Empowering Blasphemy

    10
    Obelisk Hero Stat boost increased to 10-50% and polymorph duration increased by 1-6 seconds.
    MysticRelicChaos 3
  • Obelisk Shield

    15
    Obelisk Shield absorption increased to 10-70%.
    MysticRelicChaos 7
  • Vampiric Empowerment

    14
    Increases the Defense Power of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Health.
    ALLRelicChaos 5
Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Skeletal Orc

Skeletal Orc:

Ramster

Ramster:

  • Deadly Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 4-40%.
    ALLRelicChaos 3
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
  • Vampiric Empowerment

    14
    Increases the Defense Power of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Health.
    ALLRelicChaos 5
Skeletal Archers

Skeletal Archers:

Colossus

Colossus:

Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Proton Beam

Proton Beam:

  • Defensive Critical Damage

    16
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 2-34%.
    ALLRelicCampaign
  • Frosty Beams

    20
    15-25% chance for Proton Node to freeze all enemies it touches for 1-2 seconds.
    Series EV2RelicChaos 5
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
Reflect Beam

Reflect Beam:

  • Deadly Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 4-40%.
    ALLRelicChaos 3
  • Defense Rate

    12
    Increases the Attack Rate of the affected tower by 9-33%.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
Buff Beam

Buff Beam:

Weapon Manufacturer

Weapon Manufacturer:

Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Flamethrower

Flamethrower:

  • Deadly Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 4-40%.
    ALLRelicChaos 3
  • Frosty Bind

    12
    Frostbite slow strength increased by 1-10%.
    ApprenticeRelicChaos 5
  • Vicious Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 175-2275 units.
    ALLRelicMastery, 155 stars
Arcane Barrier

Arcane Barrier:

Frostbite

Frostbite:

Eartshatter

Eartshatter:

  • Defensive Critical Damage

    16
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 2-34%.
    ALLRelicCampaign
  • Earth Toss

    18
    Earthshatter tower has a 28-100% chance on hit to knock targets into the air.
    ApprenticeAdeptRelicChaos 4
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Flame Aura

Flame Aura:

  • Deadly Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 4-40%.
    ALLRelicChaos 3
  • Defensive Critical Damage

    16
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 2-34%.
    ALLRelicCampaign
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
Boost Aura

Boost Aura:

Sky Guard Tower

Sky Guard Tower:

  • Deadly Strikes

    12
    Increases the Defense Range of the affected tower by 4-40%.
    ALLRelicChaos 3
  • Destruction

    16
    Increases Defense Power of the affected tower by 2-34%.
    ALLRelicChaos 1
  • Mass Destruction

    34
    Increases the Defense Power of the affected tower by 34-70%.
    ALLRelicMastery, 50 stars
Lightning Strikes Aura

Lightning Strikes Aura:

  • Defense Rate

    12
    Increases the Attack Rate of the affected tower by 9-33%.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
  • Defensive Critical Damage

    16
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 2-34%.
    ALLRelicCampaign
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
Hero Damage
Weapon

Weapon
Hero Damage

Armor
Shield

Shield
Armor

Armor
Helmet

Helmet
Armor

Armor
Chest

Chest
Armor

Armor
Gloves

Gloves
Armor

Armor
Boots

Boots
Armor

Cannonball

Cannonball:

Spiked Blockade

Spiked Blockade:

Ballista

Ballista:

  • Power Bolts

    15
    Ballista has a 4-40% chance on hit to deal 15-60% extra magical damage.
    SquireRelicChaos 2
  • Power Transfer

    14
    Increases the Defense Crit Damage of the affected tower by 4-60% of its Defense Power.
    ALLRelicChaos 4
  • Splody Harpoon

    20
    Ballista projectiles have a 10-30% chance to detonate on each target hit dealing 150-800% of the Ballista's defense power stat as extra damage in small area.
    SquireRelicChaos 7
Dummy

Dummy:

Leave a Reply